I’ve got very strict parents who’ll widen their eyes with shock even at the mention of the word ‘boyfriend’.
So I’d accepted long ago that it’s going be an arranged marriage for me. And honestly, I’ve seen arranged marriages work beautifully, so I have no problems with it, per say. But there are certain things…
1. First and foremost I hate the process of getting ready, and getting your photos clicked to send it to a lot of prospective grooms. Yuck. Getting ready for pictures just to attract male attention is downright pathetic. Atleast for me.
2. Then there’s the process of meeting the prospective inlaws and husband and serving tea all the while smiling beautifully like a dumb jackass.
3. What if the groom is a gay and he’s hiding it?
4. What if he’s not good in bed? That would be such a shame, because honestly, I’ve been waiting for that kinda action since forever.
5. What if I never fall in love with the guy I marry? I’ll adore him, respect him, etc etc. But what if I never fall in love with him? Gahhh. That’s the scariest thing, ever.
So recently, I decided, chuck parents’ expectations, *Mah lyf mah rulz*. I’m going to have a love marriage. I can’t get into an arranged marriage, ‘be positive’ and wait for love to happen. And leave it all on luck. I CAN’T. So yes, one thing is decided – it’s love marriage for me. One thing remains to be decided – the GUY who’ll want to have a love marriage with me.
What are your thoughts, what would YOU choose?